Saturday, May 27, 2006

Daphne's Greek Cafe

Restaurant: Daphne's Greek Cafe
Location: 9516 Culver Blvd, Culver City, CA

Jessica & I stopped at Daphne's before going to see The Da Vinci Code. The food is good. I can't say it's wonderful, but it's pretty standard. I had one of their combo plate of gyros with spanakopita. Their gyros were pretty good, but they were almost too spiced, overwhelming the flavor of the meat. The spanakopita had excellent filling, but the phyllo had so much butter that it was greasy (either that or they had fried it, but I don't think so). The rice was very good and the salad was standard. I got a piece of baklava as well, because I couldn't resist my sweet tooth (it's become more insistent lately), and it was probably the best baklava I've ever had commercially. It was oozing honey, and the nuts were full of cinnamin and the phyllo was perfect. It was incredible. I paid more than I would have liked for a meal you order at a counter and then is brought to you, but it is Greek food, not Chinese.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home